- COVID-19 has claimed the lives of 3 more Manitobans, increasing the total number of cases to 172.
- There are 24 persons in the intensive care unit with COVID-19, including 16 active cases, among the hospitalizations.
3 more Manitobans have died due to COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases to 172.
On Thursday, no additional information was supplied concerning the deaths, but the provincial COVID-19 dashboard showed that the complete figure of COVID-19 deaths had risen to 1,324.
As of Thursday, the dashboard had identified 172 new instances of COVID-19, in addition to the deaths. Manitoba now has a total of 68,166 cases, including 1,356 active cases and 65,486 recoveries.
According to the province, 89 of the new cases are unvaccinated, nine are partially vaccinated, and 74 are completely vaccinated.
The following are some of the new cases:
- There are 48 cases in the Winnipeg health region, with 312 active cases;
- 65 cases in the Southern Health region, with 510 active cases;
- 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region, with 161 active cases;
- 27 cases in the Northern health region, with 274 active cases;
- 18 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region, with 99 active cases.
The five-day test positive rate in the province is 5.1%.
The province also released data on test positivity rates in Manitoba’s health areas.
The Southern Health region, with a five-day test positivity rate of 15%, has the highest five-day test positivity rate per 100 as of Wednesday.
The Interlake-Eastern and Northern health regions have 6.6 percent, with the Prairie Mountain Health region at 5.8 percent.
The health region of Winnipeg is at 2.7 percent.
As of Thursday, 147 patients have been admitted to hospitals with COVID-19, with 92 active cases. According to the province, 49 people are unvaccinated, 39 are completely vaccinated, and four are partially vaccinated among those with active cases.
There are 24 persons in the intensive care unit with COVID-19, including 16 active cases, among the hospitalizations. There are 15 unvaccinated cases and one completely vaccinated case among the current cases.
Source: CTV News
Get Canada and Manitoba’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on Manitoba Daily.