- The number of people requiring hospitalization in Manitoba continues to rise, with over 600 people requiring medical attention as a result of COVID-19.
- Officials say 85 percent of eligible Manitobans have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, 78.2 percent have received two doses, and 35.2 percent have received three doses.
The number of people requiring hospitalization in Manitoba continues to rise, with more than 600 people requiring care due to COVID-19.
On Monday, the province reported that 601 people are in hospitals, with 569 still infected. In the ICU, there are 47 patients, 45 of whom have COVID-19.
- There are 393 COVID-19 hospital cases in Winnipeg, 379 active, and 28 people in the intensive care unit.
- COVID-19 has infected 65 people in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, with 58 cases active and five in intensive care units.
- There are 57 COVID-19 hospital cases in the Southern Health Region, 51 of which are active and eight of which are in the intensive care unit.
- There are 46 COVID-19 cases in the Interlake-Eastern Health Region, 44 active COVID cases, and five ICU cases.
- There are 40 COVID-19 hospital instances in the Northern Health Region, 37 active and one in ICU.
- According to officials, there have been 335 fresh hospitalizations and 37 ICU admissions in the last week.
- In addition, the province reported 20 new deaths over the weekend, two deaths on Saturday, 12 deaths on Sunday, and six deaths on Monday.
- The overall number of COVID-19 deaths in Manitoba now stands at 1,463.
The following people have died in Winnipeg:
- a woman in her forties
- Three middle-aged men.
- A couple in their sixties.
- A man in his seventies.
- A 90-year-old man and two 90-year-old women.
- An outbreak at West Park Manor’s care home has been linked to a woman in her 90s.
- A pandemic at Actionmarguerite St. Vital has been linked to a woman in her 90s.
- At Prairie View Lodge’s care home in Crystal City, a lady in her 90s has been connected to the outbreak.
- At Misericordia Health Centre, TCU C2, a guy in his 80s has been linked to the outbreak.
- A lady in her 70s has been linked to the pandemic at Oakview Place.
A woman in her 60s died at Southern Health-Santé Sud, and also three people died at Prairie Mountain Health, one in his 100s, one in his 90s, and one in his 70s.
Manitoba furthermore added 717 fresh COVID cases, bringing the total number of active cases to 39,961.
The province’s current 5-day test positivity rate is 34.5 %.
According to officials, 85 percent of eligible Manitobans have gotten their 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, 78.2% have had 2 doses, and 35.2 % have had 3 doses.
They also stated that 64,910 first doses were given to children aged five to eleven, accounting for 52.7 percent of the age group.
Source: CTV News
Get Canada and Manitoba’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on Manitoba Daily.